Before you leave home…
Please bear in mind Lilidorei is outdoors in a sheltered magical forest of around 1500 trees. It also involves safe but challenging play on a 26m high play structure, so please come prepared for the weather with waterproofs/warm clothing and suitable footwear. Trainers are fine but no high heels!
In extreme weather we may have to temporarily close some areas of the play structure.
When you get here…
The Alnwick Garden is well signposted from the A1 and parking costs £3.50 for the day (If using sat nav please follow NE66 1FJ or you can use “What Three Words” ///package.oasis.retaliate).
Follow the footpath signs to Lilidorei from the Gardens. There is an accessible car park too.
We recommend that you spend at least 1 hr 30 minutes in Lilidorei. Children must be always accompanied by a well-behaved adult in the village, our clans are not responsible for them!
Get lost on the play structure…
Your safety is our top priority at all times and there will be Secret Keepers (staff) in the village and on the play structure itself to help you during your visit. If you have any queries whatsoever please do speak to them.
Our magical play structure is 26m high which seems scary – but it has been designed and checked by experts so it is safe. We want there to be something for everyone – our aim is to encourage children of different abilities to play together. There are bridges, ladders and swings to swing on as well as towers to climb and six different slides to descend. Mind your head as some of parts of the structure are tiny and you have to duck.
Your bravery can be put to the test to see how far and high you can go but do not worry – if you don’t quite fancy sliding down a 24m slide then there is still plenty else to keep you entertained.
There are 3 simple sliding rules:
• Cross your arms and legs. Let yourself slide – don’t use your feet/legs to slow down.
• Only one person at a time. Allow the person in front time to get off the slide before you start.
• Age/Size. The 26 metre high play structure gets more challenging the higher you go up but there is something for everyone. You must be able to climb up to the highest slide by yourself to be big enough to go down it.
Visit our friendly – and not-so-friendly clans…
Lilidorei is home to 9 clans who worship Christmas (don’t we all!). Despite their HUGE presence within Lilidorei, they cannot be seen by the human eye. Our lucky team of Secret Keepers know more about them than most, so they can give you clues as you use your own imagination to create your own story.
It’s story time…
What’s Your Story? – experiencing the nine clans of Lilidorei
Our team of Lilidorei Secret Keepers will bring the magical village and its nine clans to life with storytelling and play activities for different age groups every day. There is also a magical immersive soundscape to help you create your own stories of Lilidorei. Some of the clans are good – but some are really bad and could be scary for our youngest visitors so please be aware.
Time to dine…
Playing in Lilidorei is hard work and you will get hungry and thirsty! To help we will be cooking yummy treats across the village. In the Groggery savoury hut choose from BBQ sausages cooked on a swing grill, gourmet mac and cheese or fried spiral potatoes. In the sweet hut you’ll see Churros and Waffles being made – and you can order an ice cream with a magical topping. Finally, if you can work out how to order it from the trolls, in the Magic Muffin (close to the play structure) you can buy hot and cold drinks, as well as our own range of homemade magical muffins.
Shop ‘til you drop…
Drop into our magical toy and sweet shop that overlooks Elfwin Drin with some of the best views of Lilidorei. In our shop you’ll find a unique range of locally handcrafted Lilidorei sweets plus some fun toys for every budget. Don’t miss out on our very own troll snot or fairy dust ice cream either…
And now for the small print…..
• Save money with a combined ticket. Enjoy some peaceful time out in The Alnwick Garden either before or after your visit to Lilidorei. Children go free in The Alnwick Garden and we offer great value discounts with our Combined Lilidorei / The Alnwick Garden tickets.
• If you have purchased a combined ticket, please ensure that you check the current opening times for The Alnwick Garden to make the most of your visit. If you are attending a later Lilidorei session then we would advise that you visit The Alnwick Garden prior to your session. Please note that tickets for The Alnwick Garden allow re-entry on the same day, so if you have a lunchtime Lilidorei session booked you can visit The Garden both before and after.
• Lord Elfwin and his Clans are not fans of smoking! Smoking and the use of e-cigarettes are not permitted in the Magical Village.
• There are toilets and baby changing facilities in the village and also on arrival at The Alnwick Garden. There are no storage lockers for luggage.
• If you have any questions or access needs, please do feel free to get in touch by contacting email@example.com
• Lilidorei is open all year – look out for our scary Halloween season and Christmas festivities later in the year.
• Please do not bring glass or glass bottles into Lilidorei
• Dogs are not allowed in Lilidorei (except assistance dogs);
• When using the slides, please take note of our three simple rules:
o Cross your arms and legs. Let yourself slide – don’t use your feet/legs to slow down.
o Only one person at a time. Allow the person in front time to get off the slide before you start.
o Age/Size. The 26 metre high play structure gets more challenging the higher you go up but there is something for everyone. You must be able to climb up to the highest slide by yourself to be big enough to go down it.
• For information on Terms & Conditions, please visit https://www.lilidoreialnwick.
• For information on Refunds, please visit https://www.alnwickgarden.com/refunds/
• For further information visit our website www.lilidoreialnwick.co.uk